Cornish Lithium (the “Company”), the pioneering mineral exploration and development company, is pleased to announce the publication of its Sustainability Report for the year ended 31 December 2022. The report demonstrates the Company’s continued commitment to the environment and society across Cornish Lithium’s project areas in Cornwall, and can be downloaded from the link below: https://cornishlithium.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/CL_Sustainaibilty-Report_2022_FINAL-2.pdf
2022 Sustainability Report Highlights
- Zero Reportable Incidents and Zero Lost Time Injuries
- Health and Safety Manager and HR Manager employed, and Wellness Committee established
- Advisory Board and Audit Committee appointed
- Baseline ecological surveys have commenced at the Trelavour Project
- Lifecycle Assessment has been produced for the Trelavour Project based on scoping study process flowsheet
- 17 community drop-in sessions hosted across the Company’s project areas
- Environmental health and safety reporting and management tool established
- Habitat Awareness Training for all employees and key consultants
- £43,960 invested in community programmes, including a £20,000 fund administered in collaboration with the Cornwall Community Foundation
- Engagement with 16 local primary and secondary schools, reaching more than 450 pupils and participation in 15 local school and college careers fairs, reaching more than 3,000 students
- Key policies and Company-sponsored learning initiatives have been implemented, including Procurement, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
Jeremy Wrathall, Founder & CEO of Cornish Lithium, said: “We are pleased to publish Cornish Lithium’s Sustainability Report for 2022, which showcases the Company’s continued commitment to sustainability as we play our role in driving the UK’s Green Revolution.
“Since the Company’s inception in 2016, Cornish Lithium has been at the forefront of sustainable mineral exploration and development in the UK and it continues to embrace high environmental and social standards, recognising the importance of responsible practices in mining and raw materials extraction for the energy transition and development of modern technologies.
“This report provides stakeholders with a clear insight into our approach to sustainable mining, strong ESG credentials, and a review of our performance to date. We hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to environmental stewardship, community engagement and internal governance, recognising the unique opportunity we have to establish a new industry in Cornwall: one that responsibly extracts vital metals for the energy transition, whilst respecting the region’s proud mining traditions.”
For further information about Cornish Lithium, please contact:
Neil Elliot, Manager – Corporate Development: [email protected]
National media enquiries: Wild Card, [email protected]
Financial media enquiries: BlytheRay, [email protected]; +44 (0) 207 138 3205
Local/regional media enquiries: Jilly Easterby at Curlew PR; [email protected]; 07743 164434