Assistant Site Technician
Cornish Lithium is a highly innovative British mineral exploration company focussed on the sustainable extraction of lithium and other battery metals in the historically significant mining district of Cornwall, UK.
Our purpose is to operate sustainable and commercially viable mineral extraction projects to the highest standards for health, safety and the environment. These minerals will contribute to UK and global carbon reduction targets through enabling clean growth and a transition to a green economy. For more information on the Company please visit www.cornishlithium.com
Cornish Lithium is developing the Trelavour Project near St Dennis to produce lithium and other valuable by-products. The Trelavour Project comprises a former kaolin clay pit, currently being re-purposed by Cornish Lithium for lithium production, and the TreLith processing site, located a kilometre from the pit, which will be the location of the lithium extraction plant.
We are looking to recruit a Junior Site Technician. The successful candidate will work alongside an experienced technician, who will also be your Mentor and support your development throughout your journey with Cornish Lithium. You would be involved in all aspects of Site maintenance.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Involvement in all aspects of site maintenance at the Trelavour project site near St Dennis.
- Assisting the Trelavour geological team with tasks such as sample handling and core cutting.
- Operating a forklift and telehandler when required.
- Assisting with drill pad preparation in Trelavour pit.
- Involvement in site HSE, including, ensuring adequate and correct PPE is worn, and that site requirements are known and adhered to. Able to carry out a dynamic Risk Assessment and understand the requirements of a work permit and tool-box talk.
- Understand the requirements of COSHH, PUWER and LOLER, and why they are important for a site.
- Able to review site records to deliver above requirements.
- Ability to follow or update existing procedures and site requirements.
- Ability to understand operating and maintenance manuals, and carry-out maintenance tasks.
- Ensures that any site equipment is safe to operate and within certification prior to use. Review site equipment logs and update maintenance records after maintaining equipment.
- Accept deliveries of equipment to secure storage, hand over delivery notes to office.
- Ensure safe storage of equipment in site workshop, as well as consumables and spares.
- Experienced in site HSE requirements and of putting HSE at the forefront of all site activities.
- Experience in working in small site teams and supporting sub-contractors
- Operations and maintenance task experience, particularly continuous processes involving chemicals.
- Experience with general maintenance.
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification or equivalent qualification
- Forklift Truck/Telehandler Licence
Training will be provided if necessary.
Salary and Hours
We offer a competitive salary for this role, plus a 10% of salary pension contribution, and benefits will include life insurance, choice to participate in the Group’s Electric Vehicle and Ride to Work Schemes. The role will be based based at Trelavour Quarry/TreLith Processing Site, St Dennis, Cornwall, PL26 8DY. Working hours are typically 37.5 hours per week, but there may be a need for flexible hours, weekend and bank holiday working depending on the company’s requirements. Annual leave comprises 25 days’ holiday per year pro rata, plus Bank Holidays.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Cornish Lithium are an equal opportunity employer and strongly believe in promoting diversity within the workplace.