Graduate Chemical Engineer
Cornish Lithium is an innovative British mineral exploration and development company focused on the responsible production of lithium and other critical minerals in Cornwall, UK.
Our purpose is to operate sustainable and commercially viable mineral extraction projects to the highest standards for health, safety and the environment. These minerals will contribute to UK and global carbon reduction targets through enabling clean growth and a transition to a green economy. For more information on the Company please visit www.cornishlithium.com.
Due to growth in our activities we are looking for a recent Chemical Engineering graduate to join our geothermal brine team and support the technical group with operational matters and in developing a continuously operating Demonstration Plant.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, with the drive and enthusiasm needed to support the delivery of the project, able to work to tight deadlines and clear direction. We are looking for a recent graduate who wishes to gain competency in this fast moving and changing industry. This role will report to the Process Engineer and support him in specifying, identifying and delivering the technology necessary for a Direct Lithium Extraction (DLE) Plant. The candidate should have:
- An honours Degree or Masters in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- A basic technical understanding of water or mineral processing technologies and chemical engineering principles
- Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills
- IT Skills (MS Office 365)
- Be aware of Health and Safety protocols
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with Internal and External customers and via Presentations/Reports
- Have excellent Time Management skills and be able to manage their own workload
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Interest in Cornish Lithium, in renewable energy and in the UK’s move to net zero carbon by 2030
- Ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders, including technology and project delivery companies
- Ability to work independently as well as within a tight knit team
- Ability to take direction and coaching when required
Salary and Hours
The successful applicant will be based at the Cornish Lithium Geothermal Plant, United Downs, TR16 5HY, working Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. There may be some requirement to work additional hours/weekends as required for which a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered
Cornish Lithium are an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applicants from individuals from diverse backgrounds and coming from groups currently under-represented in the workforce.
To apply please visit www.cornishlithium.com, click on Contact, Careers, find the vacancy and upload your CV with Covering Letter.
Deadline for applications is Friday, 20th January 2023.