Cornish Lithium is a highly innovative British mineral exploration company focussed on the sustainable extraction of lithium and other battery metals in the historically significant mining district of Cornwall, UK.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Exploration activities such as: working on a drill rig, logging core, carrying our hydrogeological testing and sampling, sample handling, sample submission, site set-up and basic maintenance, data input, data interpretation and analysis
- Maintain good working relationships with outside technical partners/contractors (e.g. drillers, labs, site operators, etc).
- Assisting with supervising a drill rig, drillers and site contractors
- Adhere to, carry out and develop H&S procedures
- Politely and professionally interact with the surrounding community
- Degree in Geology or Geoscience
- Experience working independently, within a team and with sub-contractors
- Understanding of key health and safety issues for site operations
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Understanding of good sampling and QA/QC practices
- Ability to work shift patterns when required
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Right to work in the UK and a full driving licence.
- Postgraduate degree relevant to the Company’s core business
- Experience working with diamond drill rigs and logging core
- Knowledge of Arc GIS and Leapfrog
Salary and Hours
The salary for this role is negotiable, depending on experience. The position will initially be based at the United Downs Industrial Estate, Redruth, Cornwall. Working hours are typically 37.5 hours per week, but there may be a need for flexible hours, weekend and bank holiday working depending on the company’s requirements. Annual leave comprises 25 days’ holiday per year pro rata, plus Bank Holidays.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Cornish Lithium are an equal opportunity employer and strongly believe in promoting diversity within the workplace.