Junior Site Technician
Cornish Lithium is a highly innovative British mineral exploration company focussed on the sustainable extraction of lithium and other battery metals in the historically significant mining district of Cornwall, UK.
We are looking for two Junior Site Technicians, who are at the start of their career and want to work in an industry that is using innovative process techniques to extract lithium from naturally occurring brines in Cornwall. You will work alongside experienced technicians, who will be your mentor and support your development on processes, which are at the cutting edge of metal extraction.
• Involvement in site HSE, including, ensuring adequate and correct PPE is worn, and that site requirements are known and adhered to. Able to carry out a dynamic Risk Assessment and understand the requirements of a work permit and tool-box talk.
• Understand the requirements of COSHH, PUWER and LOLER, and why they are important for a site. Able to review site records to deliver above requirements.
• Ability to follow or update existing procedures and site requirements.
• Ability to understand operating and maintenance manuals, and carry-out maintenance tasks, under supervision.
• Ensures that any site equipment is safe to operate and within certification prior to use. Review site equipment logs and update maintenance records after maintaining equipment.
• Accept deliveries of equipment to secure storage, hand over delivery notes to office.
• Ensure safe storage of equipment in site workshop, as well as consumables and spares.
• Be available to support commissioning and plant operations, under supervision from Senior Technicians. This will require some shift work and weekend working at times.
• Involved in all aspects of plant maintenance – including providing safe isolations an interventions. Develop work permits and review method statements, under Senior Technician supervision.
• 3-5 years’ experience in chemical plant, water treatment or similar working environments
• Experienced in site HSE requirements and of putting HSE at the forefront of all site activities.
• Experience in working in small site teams and supporting sub-contractors
• Operations and maintenance task experience, particularly continuous processes involving chemicals.
• Relevant qualifications from an appropriate industry, or trade organization. Will have finished apprenticeship or be about to complete one.
• Understanding of key health and safety requirements for site operations
• Technical understanding of chemicals storage, handling and mitigation measures (COSHH)
• Experienced in operation of mobile plant.
Salary and Hours
The salary for this role is negotiable, depending on experience. The position will be based at the United Downs Industrial Estate, Redruth, Cornwall. Working hours are typically 37.5 hours per week, but there may be a need for flexible hours, weekend and bank holiday working depending on the company’s requirements. Annual leave comprises 25 days’ holiday per year pro rata, plus Bank Holidays.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Cornish Lithium are an equal opportunity employer and strongly believe in promoting diversity within the workplace.