TreLith Processing Site – Engineering Manager
Cornish Lithium is an innovative British mineral exploration and development company focused on the responsible production of lithium and other critical minerals in Cornwall, UK.
Our purpose is to operate sustainable and commercially viable mineral extraction projects to the highest standards for health, safety and the environment. These minerals will contribute to UK and global carbon reduction targets through enabling clean growth and a transition to a green economy. For more information on the Company please visit www.cornishlithium.com
Cornish Lithium is developing the Trelavour Project near St Dennis to produce lithium and other valuable by-products. The Trelavour Project comprises a former kaolin clay pit, currently being re-purposed by Cornish Lithium for lithium production, and the TreLith processing site, located a kilometre from the pit, which will be the location of the lithium extraction plant.
Reporting to the Process Manager, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for overseeing the build and commissioning of the Lithium Hydroxide Demonstration Plant and associated facilities. This role will also cover the recruitment and training of new staff, to ensure that they always operate to a high standard. The Engineering Manager will also be responsible for a number of short-term visitor academics/students as required.
- Coordinate with external contractors for the build and commissioning of the new LiOH demonstration facility.
- Manage staff and assign tasks to engineering and technical personnel
- Oversee design and build of Demonstration plant ancillary facilities (lab, welfare, visitor centre etc)
- Lead teams in the development of solutions and processes
- Manage all aspects of plant maintenance and instrument calibration
- Oversee project logistics and resource allocation
- Support ongoing industrial feasibility study for full scale production platform
- Strive to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs, and to reduce waste
- Assist with budget and cost management strategies
- Communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders, including investors and potential customers
- Maintain a high level of expertise in their vocational field
- Assure that processes meet quality and safety compliance guidelines
- Collaborate with other team leaders and departments
- HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Engineering Maintenance, or equivalent qualification
- ILM Certificate in Management or equivalent qualification
- Previous Managerial experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of Health and Safety in the context of an industrial environment
- IT Skills (MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively
Salary and Hours
We offer a competitive salary for this role dependant on experience. With the following benefits post probation:
- Elevated pension contributions (10% contribution from Cornish Lithium)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave policies and sick pay
- Opportunity to participate in the Group’s Electric Vehicle and Ride to Work Schemes
- Eyecare voucher scheme
The role will be based at the Company’s TreLith site near St Dennis, Cornwall. There may be a need for flexible working hours. Annual leave comprises 25 days’ holiday per year pro rata, plus UK Bank Holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds and coming from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected].