TreLith Processing Site - Laboratory Manager
Cornish Lithium is an innovative British mineral exploration and development company focused on the responsible production of lithium and other critical minerals in Cornwall, UK.
Our purpose is to operate sustainable and commercially viable mineral extraction projects to the highest standards for health, safety and the environment. These minerals will contribute to UK and global carbon reduction targets through enabling clean growth and a transition to a green economy. For more information on the Company please visit www.cornishlithium.com.
Cornish Lithium is developing the Trelavour Project near St Dennis to produce lithium and other valuable by-products. The Trelavour Project comprises a former kaolin clay pit, currently being re-purposed by Cornish Lithium for lithium production, and the TreLith processing site, located a kilometre from the pit, which will be the location of the lithium extraction plant.
Reporting to the Process Manager, the Laboratory Manager will be responsible for Managing the implementation of a new Laboratory which will include the overseeing and installation of specialist equipment and the recruitment and training of new staff, to ensure that they operate to a high standard at all times. It is expected that the role will require the implementation of a suitable LIMS system. The Laboratory Manager will also be responsible for a number of short-term visitor academics/students as required.
- Hold a track record in managing laboratory health and safety and maintenance of equipment (purchasing, stock control, servicing, etc.)
- Have extensive experience of liaising/interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Be able to contribute with product development using knowledge and experience
- Have previous experience of running a laboratory and updating and maintaining relevant documentation (SOPS, Risk Assessments, MSDS)
- Be able to oversee the overall use of the laboratory to ensure that all laboratory users comply with systems of good practice and maintain a high level of housekeeping
- Be personable and act as a point of reference to others with regards to all laboratory related issues
- Have previous experience in the delivery of clinical study sample analysis
- Have experience of budget management and financial negotiation for laboratory equipment, maintenance and contracts
- Be able to ensure that the group is supported and results are delivered in a timely manner and to regulatory standards
BSc in Chemistry (or equivalent qualification)
Experience of working in a Laboratory environment
Excellent attention to detail
Understanding of Health and Safety in the context of a Chemical Laboratory setting
IT Skills (e.g. MS Office. LIMS software)
Excellent communication skills to work effectively and explain analytical techniques to other members of the organisation
Salary and Hours
We offer a competitive salary for this role dependant on experience. With the following benefits post probation:
- Elevated pension contributions (10% contribution from Cornish Lithium)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave policies and sick pay
- Opportunity to participate in the Group’s Electric Vehicle and Ride to Work Schemes
- Eyecare voucher scheme
The role will be based at the Company’s TreLith site near St Dennis, Cornwall. There may be a need for flexible working hours. Annual leave comprises 25 days’ holiday per year pro rata, plus UK Bank Holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds and coming from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]