Trelavour Pit & TreLith Processing Facility Quarry/Site Manager
Cornish Lithium is an innovative British mineral exploration and development company focused on the responsible production of lithium and other critical minerals in Cornwall, UK.
Our purpose is to operate sustainable and commercially viable mineral extraction projects to the highest standards for health, safety and the environment. These minerals will contribute to UK and global carbon reduction targets through enabling clean growth and a transition to a green economy. For more information on the Company please visit www.cornishlithium.com
Cornish Lithium is developing the Trelavour Project near St Dennis to produce lithium and other valuable by-products. The Trelavour Project comprises a former kaolin clay pit, currently being repurposed by Cornish Lithium for lithium production, and the Trelith processing site, located a kilometre from the pit, which will be the location of the lithium extraction plant.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Site/Quarry Manager will be designated as the Quarry Manager under HSE Quarry Regulations with overall operational and Health and Safety responsibility for both the Trelavour pit and TreLith processing sites. Our group policy includes the expectation that both sites will operate with a zero harm culture that the successful applicant, working closely with the Company’s Health and Safety Manager, will be required to deliver and maintain.
• Experience as a quarry manager in the UK, as described in section 8.1 C of The Quarries Regulations 1999.
• A strong track record in HSE requirements and putting HSE at the forefront of all site activities.
• Member of the Institute of Quarrying – or working towards Member level.
• Awareness of environmental issues relevant to site management.
• Understanding of key health and safety issues and legislation for site operations (NEBOSH qualifications required).
• Willingness to develop and maintain skills using a recognised CPD structure
• Right to work in the UK and a full driving licence.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Manage site works and technician(s) – competencies and scheduling of activities.
Site HSE, including oversight of all site personnel (including contractors) to ensure that they are competent and able to carry out their activities in a safe manner. Stop unsafe activities or conditions. Oversee all site equipment, stocks, deliveries etc.
Salary and Hours
We offer a competitive salary for this role dependant on experience. With the following benefits post probation:
• Elevated pension contributions (10% contribution from Cornish Lithium).
• Life insurance
• Enhanced parental leave policies and sick pay
• Opportunity to participate in the Group’s Electric Vehicle and Ride to Work Schemes.
• If moving into the area you may be eligible for relocation expenses.
The role will be based at the Company’s TreLith site near St Dennis, Cornwall. There may be a need for flexible working hours. Annual leave comprises 25 days’ holiday per year pro rata, plus UK Bank Holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from individualsfrom diverse backgrounds and coming from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected].